Ads

Search the web

Google

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chapter 57: Saved Against All Odds

"Nathan, wait!"

Keshia ran in the hallway as Nathan had walked away from the courtroom.

"I haven't seen or heard from you in over 3 weeks. You were just going to leave like this?"

"Keshy, I am not ready. I know we need to talk and the way I am acting, it does not feel like we have a marriage at all, but I don't know what to say."

"Why did you come? You said you wouldn't...don't think I'm not grateful or Graham isn't. I'm just...surprised. I've been trying to reach you."

Nathan stood quiet for a moment.

"I know. And I wanted to return your calls. I'm lost without you, Keshia but you obviously love Graham. I was here to insure he remains a free man so the two of you could be together and live happy. I'm filing for divorce."

Keshia stood in the hallway speechless as Nathan walked away.

A moment later, Graham came out of the auditience room.

"Where have you been? Where is Nathan? I want to thank him. The prosecutor is dropping all charges."

Keshia wasn't listening, she just felt so sad. She had hurt Nathan. How could she share Graham's joy much less spend her life with him knowing what the cost was?

"Nathan is filling for divorce."

The words came out of nowhere. Graham's smile disappeared for a moment. Then it came back larger than before.

"Keshia, that man is an angel. He's freeing you!"

"I don't care to be free, Graham. Please stay away!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you come back again! IT is some much fun reading your work!