Ads

Search the web

Google

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chapter 23: Looking For An Ally

"Alice, right?"

Keshia offered a handshake to Alice who ignored the extended hand. She took a look around the office and saw boxes on Alice's desk.

"I'm Keshia...We saw each other about a month ago when I came to see Graham."

"I remember you. From what I recall you are Victoria's friend. If you're here to see Graham, let yourself in. The new assistant didn't start yet."

"Actually, I'm here to see you."

Alice scoffed.

"Me? Well make yourself useful then. Just grab that last box on the desk and we'll talk on the way to my car."


Inside the elevator Keshia still hadn't say a word to Alice. She was intrigued. What would a friend of Victoria want to speak to her? As the thought of a set-up crossed her mind, Keshia started talking.


"Listen, I know this will sound weird but I know about Graham's recent change of heart and if you ever need someone to talk to..."


Alice interrupted her.


"I have girl friends you know! Even if I didn't, I certainly wouldn't cry on your shoulder. You are Victoria's friend!"

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to imply...Can we just start fresh? I swear, I am anything but Victoria's friend. I'm pretty sure I know how she managed to get Graham back. It's my fault I guess. Anyways, I figured if you'd want him back, you may be interested."

"Listen, Keshia...I hate games. I thought I knew Graham pretty well. In less than a week I see Victoria get to him; I don't recognize him anymore. If you must know, I don't really care anymore."


They had finally arrived to Alice's car. Keshia put the last box inside and tried convincing Alice once more.


"If Graham was ever your friend and you cared about him like I think you do, call me. Here's my cell number. Don't hesitate."


Alice took the piece of paper Keshia handed her and shoved it in her bag. She didn't need it. Her new job seemed very promising. It was about time she changed anyways. she only stayed for Graham.

Alice watched Keshia walk the last few steps to the parking's exit. She started her engine and as the key turned in the ignition, it was as if it unlocked all her hidden emotions. She rested her head on the steering wheel and started crying.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Hello Amber,

To answer your comment, I try as much as possible to post once a week which is already a little hard for me. My schedule is pretty thight, I do my best. I suggest you check the blogs on sunday, it's usually the day I post. Enjoy the post.

Anonymous said...

ohh drama.

Anonymous said...

Good for Alice!! Im glad she found a different job cause that would have been hard for her to work there still...

And thanks for letting me know when you post!! It helps alot!!! Keep writing beatifully!!!

Amber

Alyssa said...

Wow! this looks like some great stuff! Do you mind if I link you on my blog?
~Jen~

Caroline said...

Hey Jennifer,

Absolutely no problem, feel free to make a link.

New post will be posted in a hour or so. ;)