Ads

Search the web

Google

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Chapter 31: An Interesting Phone Call

Keshia had about given up on the idea Alice might call her. She wanted to get back at Victoria badly. She didn't want to contact Graham herself. Alice would've been the perfect messenger. No matter how much she thought about it, she couldn't find another plan. That was before Mandy volunteered.

"You do realize that if you do this and Vicky finds out, your friendship is over."

"Yeah, well, with friends like that, who needs enemies? I don't really care. Let's just go over the plan again.

I accidentally "bump" into Graham after an interview at the building and I ask him how Vicky's doing. Whatever he answers, I manage to talk about how upset you were that Vicky read your diary and found out about the infidelity. This should be enough to get him right where we want him. Best of all, no need to get Alice involved."

"Are you sure it will work?"

"I don't see how it could possibly fail unless he trusts Vicky blindly which I doubt. Not so soon after they got back together. Hell even after years being friends with her, I still watch my back in case she's about to stab me."


Everything had gone exactly as planned according to Mandy. Not long after, Keshia's phone rang. It was Graham and he had a few questions.

"Keshia, how are you?"

"I'm great...Graham?"

"Yes it's me. I'm not going to beat around the bushes here. I have a few questions and I would like a straight answer from you."

"Yes, sure, ask away."

"I ran into your friend, Mandy today. Of course, I don't know her very much so our small talk revolved pretty much about you and Vicky. Now she mentioned something I did not pay much attention too and it's only ringing a bell right now... Did Vicky read your diary? Is that how she really found out we slept together?"

"Yes, she did read it."

"Are you absolutely positive?"

"Listen, Graham, I can tell you without a doubt that she did, I could even point the exact pages she read. I'll tell you a secret. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a detective. I used to set up little "traps" to find out if anyone was messing with my things. I also had this fingerprinting kit and other gadgets.

Vicky and Mandy don't know I've never outgrown that hobby. I have fun and sometimes, it comes in handy like when I realized someone had been through my old diaries. It's Vicky and I'm not just supposing."

"Thank you, that's what I had to know. Just one other question. Why does Alice have your number?"

"I was planning on telling her about the diary. I didn't want you to get the information from me. I don't really like being involved in this mess."

"Well, unfortunately you are but thanks."


Keshia smiled; hopefully Graham would take the appropriate decision concerning Vicky.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Still to come...

What happened with Gary and Vicky
Vicky getting back at Keshi

Lynn said...

This is really good... I love finding a new post.

Anonymous said...

ooooh, sneaky...
love it!

Alyssa said...

Good post as always!