Ads

Search the web

Google

Monday, June 25, 2007

Chapter 32: Gary Tells All

He hated this place with a passion. He couldn't wait to graduate. He was unfortunately labeled a dork. Gary couldn't believe those kind of labeling still existed in University. He was probably just unlucky enough to have chose the one university filled with immature students.

Tall, skinny with glasses and no sense of style; Gary always had a hard time in school. He barely had friends and no girlfriend which was fine with him because he wanted to concentrate on on his studies. His one distraction was in a sociology class he had chosen to complete his curricular. Her name was Victoria. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, whenever she'd catch him staring, she would smile. He would spend his night dreaming of her, hoping someday he could work up the courage to ask her out.

It was a friday, He remembered it clearly. He woke up the morning feeling like a million bucks. He would ask Victoria out and whatever her answer would be, it wouldn't bring him down. He wasn't expecting a positive answer but at least it would be an ego boost knowing he was confident enough to walk up to a beautiful girl and ask her out. Once the class was over, Gary rushed out side the class to catch up to her.

In the middle of a crowed hall, he yelled her name. She turned around and smiled.

"Hi, Victoria."

"Hi...I'm sorry, I don't know your name."

"It's Gary...We share this sociology class."

"Oh, that's where I know you from. What can I do for you, Gary? You'd like my notes, help? You think I'm beautiful and want to ask me out?"


Gary laughed nervously, for a second, he was tempted to tell her he wanted her notes, but she was standing right there. It was too late to back out.

"Actually, it's the latter."


Victoria looked at him. She then let out this obnoxious and loud laughter that had everyone close by turn to see what was going on.


"ME? ON A DATE WITH YOU? Surely you gotta be kidding."


She turned around and left, she was gone. He was humiliated. He could hear everyone around laughing and pointing fingers. It would be a long semester. A very long one. He had expected to be turned down but not that she would make this rejection so public.


About a week after, Victoria came out of nowhere right outside the campus as Gary was walking home.


"Hey you! Remind me your name."

"It's Gary, what do you want?"

"Hmm...angry, I like that. I wanted to apologize. I was mean the other day. You know what? You are kind of cute. I would like to be forgiven for how I treated you. Let's go on a date."

"Really?"

Gary would've punched himself for sounding so enthusiastic. He should've known she had a hidden agenda but he was taken aback by her proposal. The thought went through his head that she probably changed her mind because he looked so confident when he asked her out before. He should be as confident now.

"I mean, absolutely. Sure, let's go on a date. How about thursday? Friday is a holiday after all, no class."

"Amazing! You'll pick me up?"

'Uh...sure."


Victoria had him right where she wanted at that very moment. He didn't like thinking about it, it just made him angry.

"Gary, you seem on an entirely different planet."

"Sorry, Graham, I was just thinking I never told you all that happened with Vicky."

"All that happened with Vicky? What? When?"

"No worries. Nothing recent. Funny, she either didn't remember me or never put the pieces together. Then again, she's never been very good at caring."

"I'm lost, Gary, wasn't your history with Vicky limited to asking her on a date and get publicly rejected and humiliated?"

"Oh, thanks, Graham, really sensible. I know you find it funny, but it hurt. Anyways, that was years ago. I didn't held a grudge for that. No, if this was all, I would've moved on easily."

16 comments:

Caroline said...

The post was getting a bit long so I ended it there but the next one is on the way. Maybe even later on today! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, and the plot thickens...

Excellent post! Can't wait for the next one!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...this is getting really good. Just makes me want to slap Victoria. haha

Can't wait for the next one.

MJ said...

oh the tangled webs they weave! the story is getting so interesting! i hate having to wait for a new post, i just want to keep reading and reading! then again, i understand that to write this addictive story takes time, im just getting impatient! lol

well i doubt this needs to be said but great job on the story and keep up the good work! =]

MJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alyssa said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see what the rest of Gary's story is ...Cliffhangers...gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

I know it hasn't been all that long...but I keep checking every day for a new post! These waits are killin' me! :)

Unknown said...

I like it! I hope Victoria gets bitch slapped. and i hope gary has some dirt on her...

Anonymous said...

Please, Please, Please make a post!!! This is a great blog!

Anonymous said...

have you quit posting?

Caroline said...

Wow. sorry, it has been a while! Let me rush the next two. I had a lot to do and a lot in mind. Finally, I have some vacation. Check back later today or tomorrow (July 25th) for a new post. Again, sorry everyone and thanks for your patience.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

No need to say sorry, life happens! Enjoy your blog mucho! Just found it, got all caught up and was disappointed to see date of last blog. But glad to see you will continue!!!!

Great blog!!!

Caroline said...

Thank you, linda! P.S.: I'm running a little late because I was working on two posts at the same time. I'll try to post asap. Might be slightly after midnight. But it's coming!!! ;) Thank you all for your patience, once again.

Anonymous said...

OK hun, where's the posts?? Almost forgot the story now!!!

Just let us know if you will continue or just a break in your life right now.

Take care..:)