Ads

Search the web

Google

Monday, October 01, 2007

Chapter 36: A Much Needed Talk

“You don't even want to know why I'm back in town?"

"Save it, Nathan, save it... I really don't care."

"I came for you! I swear it's the truth. I wish you hadn't seen me with Victoria; it's not what you think."

"You have NO idea. Don't tell me it's not what I think. I remember, Nathan, I remember."

"Have coffee with me. We need to talk. So much has changed... I still care about you Keshia."

"Nathan, I'm not interested. I'm going to hang up now."

"No wait! One cup, a couple of minutes. That's all I'm asking for. I'll leave you alone after, I swear."


There was a silence on the line.


"Keshia, are you still here?"

"Yes, I am, and I'll meet you for coffee. One cup and then you disappear."

"Yes, sure, one cup. Thanks, Keshy. You won't regret it."


Keshia looked at the door right as Nathan was coming in. She hadn’t paid much attention to his new look at the club. He had sure changed and was more handsome than before. His auburn hair, though clean-cut where almost shoulder length. His hazel eyes were as striking as before and he had shaved his facial hair. He was wearing an ivory v-neck sweater that was a little tight showing off a fit body. Along with a nice tan, he was almost irresistible. Keshia found herself reminiscing about the old days. She had missed him.


“Am I late?”

“No, no, I’m early. You startled me.”

“Funny, I could swear you looked and even stared at me just as I was coming in.”


Keshia turned bright red.

“Yeah, maybe I did.”


She laughed. She was feeling a little nervous all of a sudden. The way Nathan was starring at her wasn’t helping. She didn’t want to lose her willpower.


“I love your laugh...I missed you. You look beautiful, Keshia”

“How about we get that cup? And I’m warning you; I’m going for a medium. Not a large.”


By the end of the evening, Keshia and Nathan were both very alert after 3 cups of coffee each. She was fighting hard not to let her guards down but couldn’t resist. She still had feelings for him, he still had feelings for her. Yet she couldn’t get passed seeing him with Victoria the day before.


“I have to go now, she said abruptly.”

“But wait, why? We were catching up, reconnecting... Well, I think.”

“That’s right; you think we were. But we weren’t and probably won’t. Ever. Let me tell you what I think. Victoria and you are despicable people who deserve each other. I just can’t tell what I’m doing seating here with you.”


Keshia got up proud she came back to her senses. Nathan gently grabbed her wrist.


“I’m sorry. I should have addressed the Victoria issue first. Please sit and hear me out for just a couple more minutes. She mislead me on purpose.”

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey all! I'm in a very creative period (hopefully it'll last) I'm finally catching some much needed zzz (getting a bit of a break from work.) Here's a bonus post I'm very proud of. Hope you enjoy it. It's been a while since I've been that enthusiastic about a post. Thanks for your patience also.

Nic said...

2 posts in such a sort time, jeej.
Keep them coming :D

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you. It's getting tough to keep up with the storyline when posts once a month. And I certainly don't want too re-read it all since I finished reading it all in August.

Maybe a post dedicated to recapping the storyline????

:)

Caroline said...

Sure anonymous! I'll try to fit in a recap post by the end of this week or next week before my new post! Sorry about the monthly updates. I'm trying to get back to weekly! ;)