Ads

Search the web

Google

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chapter 37: Leap Of Faith

"YOU DID WHAT??! Are you out of your mind, Keshy?"


"I'm perfectly sane, thanks, Mandy."

"Then Nathan must be out of his mind; one of you has to be. It's not a decision to be taken lightly. Why now? He's been back for less than a month to top it off!"

"It kind of seemed right at the moment..."

"And now, you're coming back to your senses, right?"

"Nathan came back to propose to me again. He wanted to apologize and take some time for me to see he had changed. He's a man now."

"Who lives in a different city."

"No, he's moving back. He has a promising job already."

"I still think it was a bad idea, Keshia. This is so not like you. You like to rationalize, analyze, quantize ; you have a scientific mind. You don't just act or react. You take your time."

"Well, I think it was about time, I start living. I've been hiding where it's safe, never moving forward because I was scared. I've decided to take a leap of faith. Come what may."

"I'm speechless...You eloped...wow! I'm sad you didn't invite me though."


Keshia laughed.


"That's why it's eloping! I still love Nathan despite what has happened with Vicky. Besides, he learned his lesson."

"About Vicky...I figured you might want to know she called. She didn't say much and didn't seem like her usual confident self. She wanted to speak with you."

"There's no point. I'm not ready to forgive her just yet."

A part of Keshiia couldn't help but wonder what exactly Vicky wanted to talk about. Nathan and her had promised each other to avoid the topic and stay away from anyone or anything similar to Vicky that could damage their relationship.

"I have a ton of more important things in mind. Like breaking the news to my parents and organizing a nice reception."

"Just a reception? How about a "real" wedding? I've always wanted to be a maid of honor"

"Let's get to it then! There's a ton of work to be done."

"Oh, Keshia?"

"Yes?"

"I almost forgot...Congratulations!"


Mandy hugged her friend. She hoped Keshia made the right decision. One she would not regret.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hi, I have not forgotten the recap. I'm just not too good at those things so I'm working on it. I wanted to post it before this chapter, but the chapter's been ready for days and I'm still having a hard time figuring out how the recap should be. Still working on it with a new post. I'll publish asap.