Ads

Search the web

Google

Monday, November 06, 2006

Chapter 1: The Break Up

Victoria went to Graham's office mid-afternoon, she had taken her decision. As always, she didn't knock, somehow it never annoyed him even when he was in the middle of a meeting. He got up when he saw her, she thought he was a true gentleman. He gave her a big hug and flashed that big smile she now hated.

"Victoria, I am so happy to see you!"

"Really, why is that?"

"I just had a talk with Ashley, our wedding planner"

"Oh, well, save your breath, I'm not marrying you! Not now, not ever."

She thought it was pretty straightforward but had never been known as a girl who’d take her time. He choked a bit while replying.

"Wh...What? I mean, aren't you happy? I love you, Victoria, I'd do anything for you. What is it that you want?"

She had to admit she was being very cruel, a real bitch. It was as if, somehow, she had developed all the wickedness he didn't have. She looked at him straight into the eyes and simply said:

"Well, you out of sight would be interesting..."


Getting dumped is hard, especially that way. He got off his chair when she entered the room, now he got back to it chair and then sat...slowly. Didn't say a thing. Victoria didn’t care that the silence was just agonizing to Graham. To her they were no details to work on, except maybe the fact that she was still working for him, but hell, even her job she could no longer stand at that point.

Graham Bill, a name Victoria found very ridiculous, one of the world's most eligible bachelor’s, would be back on the market very soon. “Rich, handsome and EXTREMELY nice,” she thought, “Good luck to anyone he ends up with.”


"Victoria, I can't let you go..."

His voice was breaking. He was so sweet she couldn’t understand how he built such an empire.

"I'd like you to think this over, for as long as you have to"

"It's done, Graham, I don't need to think about it, I don't need you, this job, this life"

Victoria thought: “Am I pushing? Man, I am being mean.”

"Listen, Victoria, I will move out my things from the house and I want you to stay, I'll go to the apartment until you change your mind."

The house in question was a 6 bedrooms Spanish style house Graham had built less than a year ago. Equipped with a huge pool, Jacuzzi hot tubs, private bathrooms; the house was a dream. A few months before, four to be exact, Graham had brought Victoria to this house where they were supposed to live happily ever after, yeah, she’d definitely miss the house but not for romantic reasons. Victoria figured it could be worthwhile to discover how long the offer would last.


"And for how long exactly would you be willing to wait, Graham? It would be interesting to know just how much time you'd give up for me."

"Victoria?! I don't recognize you...Why? What's wrong?"

Manipulation was the main word. She now wanted the house. Badly.

"Graham, maybe you're right, I need to think. I just need to know you'll be out of my hair while I think. Coming to work here for starters will be hard as well."

"Of course, I understand, listen, take a year off. You’ll have your job back after, if you want it or any other that you want. Don’t worry about your expenses; they’re all on me. I’ll try not to call much or visit. I might send you a little message once in a while, I want you to remember I care..."

Victoria wasn't listening anymore at that point. Wow, a year! Having the house all for herself for a year, living the single life again with a nice twist. No Graham, no work and yet, money. When some people would consider her to be a gold digger, she saw herself more like a girl who knew how to seize wonderful opportunities.

"I'll take your offer. One year to think."

She wanted to say something nice, anything, but then she saw he was about to cry. Not wanting to handle that for the moment, this was her exit cue. Yet, she walked towards him, he stood up.

Victoria ran a hand through his hair; he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to his strong muscular body. She was losing control, she had planned on giving him a kiss he'd never forget and make sure at least for that entire year, he'd be hers and instead, he was taking the lead.

He kissed her gently and then more angrily, hmm...she didn't think he had it in him. Now she was running mad with desire and the kissing was getting more and more intense. He was pulling her closer as if that were possible, was touching her like never before. She let out a moan, she was ready to go for it, right here in his office, he was hard, he wanted it bad too.

"Make love to me Graham."

Victoria could've kicked herself for saying that. It also seemed to take Graham away from wherever it is his mind was. He pulled away, turned back and simply said.

"Goodbye Victoria, I'll be waiting."

She had never been rejected before, not her. But he was about to cry, she heard it in his voice, not sexy...and yet not enough to turn off the heat. With all the dignity she had left, she stepped out of Graham's office, single and awfully turned on. Very unexpected, she didn't know he had that fury in him, a real turn on. What was she suppose to do now? There was no way she could go back to jump on him now; she had just dumped him. That was so unfair. What a start!

Second chapter: November 13th---Life Goes On

Introduction of a new character, Alice, Graham's secretary...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I have to reveal the caracters and if you read the profile, you would see what kind of person Victoria is for the moment. Not everyone reads to relate to the caracters and I sure hope not many readers would relate to Victoria. And don't ask, just say. You want to know why she dumped him? Flashbacks? Alright, it's coming soon enough! ;) Try to be more specific as to what you want to happen.

Anonymous said...

She should go out and hook up with someone right away, just to prove to herself that she can get away with it. I would like to know why she is dumping him too (flashbacks could be good). Right now I just feel bad for him since it seems like he's done nothing wrong. Give us a reason for why she is leaving...

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to what Victoria saw in Graham. Did she love him, was she just using him up to this point? Why is she such a cold hearted and emotionless woman? Is she only interested in sexual pleasure and power?

And why did Graham just sit there and take it? It seems like a very uncharacteristic way that a man would react to rejection. He seems a bit weak. Back up his reaction with pertinent background stories.

I'm enjoying what you've written so far.