Ads

Search the web

Google

Monday, November 27, 2006

Chapter 4: More Like A Man

"Oh geez, just as I thought...You look like crap. Like you've been married 25 years to that woman."

"Oh come on, Vicky isn't so bad"

"Hey, don't forget I've dealt with her in the past."

"For like, 3 seconds maybe!"

Graham always liked making fun of Gary when he'd speak of his history with Victoria. Years before Graham ever hooked up with Victoria, Gary and her shared a class in university. He tried asking her out and she rejected him in a way no man had been rejected before. From that point forward, Gary was never too obvious when he would try to get a girl and was also a serial dater.

"Yeah, yeah, you're my hero for getting the girl, but I could've predicted this outcome. She's a bitch, just can't help it, can't fight it."

"She's a strong woman, big difference."

"I've known strong women that didn't have even half her attitude. She's bringing it to another level. She believes she's better than everyone else and that probably includes you. Wake up! You should be celebrating now that she's gone. I'm gonna start working to bringing out the player in you. He has to be hiding somewhere in there."

Graham was very different from Gary; he didn't enjoy casual encounters very much. He didn't even want to get over Victoria for the moment and yet part of him was considering Gary's view. Victoria wasn't the nicest person he knew, far from it. Her selfishness contrasted with his generosity. She could be rude, cruel, and heartless. Even when conducting business; Graham wasn't half as vicious as Vicky would sometimes be with just anyone who would get in her way or even not.

"What if I'm a little angry...Not at her, mostly at myself...well maybe her also."

"I'd say we're getting somewhere, Graham, let's turn you more into a man. I'm thinking night out in a classy club, sexy ladies all around, all you need to get your mind off things. Only the best, for you."

"That's not me and you know it. Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. An anger management class will be more indicated for all that's boiling inside me for the moment."

"Hey, she's just a phone call away, I can dial."

Gary laughed, he was getting a kick out of the situation, maybe Victoria Lane would finally get what was coming to her and maybe, just maybe Graham would wake up and act more like a man.

"So, what will it be? You call Victoria to tell her what you really think of her or you call that sexy friend of yours, your secretary?"

"Alice? You find her sexy? I've never even considered her as anything more than a friend and, of course, a trusty employee."

"Enough of this, you need to get in touch with your masculine side. We're talking about Alice here! That sexy brunette you get to work with everyday. This will sound crude, but how could you not notice her ass in those tight black pants she wears every once in a while? I don't come by your office often and with one visit, I noticed. She's very "girl next door" but in a sexy kind of way. She brings it to a new level."

"Gary, you sound like a predator, you stay away from her."

They both laughed.

"She wouldn't want me anyways, she only has eyes for you. Now you listen to me, write this day down because it is the day when you finally forget about Victoria. Almost every girl out there wants you, I'd kill to be in your shoes so please, make the best out of it. You're calling Alice; we're picking her up in the limo in an hour. Tonight is the night."

Once he had his mind set on something, it was impossible to stop him and Graham knew better. He'd tag along and find any excuse to leave as soon as he could. He had a bad feeling about the outcome of the night.

Fifth Chapter: December 4th--- A Night Out

Anything goes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am waiting for the new post!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we are waiting...I thought there was supposed to be a new post yesterday?

Caroline said...

I'm really sorry about this! A hectic schedule combined with winter depression are responsable for the post being late, very late. It should be posted sometime today. I'll get back to regular postings on monday. Sorry again. Thanks for reading and please give some ideas for the chapters to come, don't be shy. ;)

Anonymous said...

no problem thanks for responding.