Ads

Search the web

Google

Monday, December 11, 2006

Chapter 6: If It's War You Want

"Come dance with me, beautiful." Gary whispered in Alice's ear when she got back.

"Not interested, your game's a little weak, playa."

She winked at him before turning to Graham.

"I would however LOVE to dance with you, sexy boy."

Too shocked to react, Graham let Alice take him to the crowded dance floor. She was barely recognizable; she was usually so discreet. Tonight, everything from her attitude to her clothes was different. She had her hair curled when she usually worn them straight, her nails were done, she was wearing stilettos instead of flat shoes. Her outfit was very sexy and yet classy. Bare back with just a little cleavage showing, blue was definitely her color. With white pants, the ensemble was stunning.

Now he understood how Gary could find her attractive, she definitely was. He even had to admit he was having a great time and was flattered she’d rather dance with him than his friend who usually had a lot of success with the female gender. Victoria didn’t matter for the moment, only Alice did.

“What are you starring at?” asked Alice, playfully.

“You. You are just so beautiful.”

“I see Gary and you graduated at the same player’s school.”

“No, no, definitely not.”

“Then where was yours?”

She laughed. Her laugh was so melodic, so cute; he hadn’t noticed it in so many years. How could he not? All of a sudden he felt awkward towards her. He really cared that she didn’t see him as a player which didn’t make sense because after so many years she probably already knew that about him. He just had to make sure she never stopped thinking he was a great guy.



“Vicky, I suggest you leave the bar, you’ve had enough to drink and you have to get Graham away from that girl.”

“I know, Mandy, but what can I do? It’s too late now; can you believe she snubbed me? She’s his secretary; she’s nothing! And the plan to have her hookup with Gary is ruined. Look at her dancing with him; it’s making me sick!”

Victoria tried to step off the stool, lost her balance, let out a loud scream before falling. Even though the club was packed and the music’s volume was making it hard to hear anything, a couple of people rushed in her direction to offer a helping hand. She had never been so humiliated in her entire life and she blamed it all on Alice. She got up on her own and promised herself to get revenge.

“Can I have a glass of red wine please?”

“With all the gin tonics you just had? This will make you sick!

“Only if I intended to drink it, Keshia.”

Victoria winked and threw a devilish look towards Alice.

“Oh no, you won’t.”

“Watch me!”

She had a little too much to drink and was definitely out on a mission, even if the club was set on fire she wouldn’t be stopped. Keshia felt bad for Alice. The poor girl probably didn’t know she was playing with fire flirting and dancing with Graham when Victoria was only a few steps away.



“Graham, so nice to see you again! How have you been?”

“Oh, well, I’ve been fine, Vicky. But I think you’ve had a little too much to drink and I’m not alone…”

“True, true, I’m sorry. Hi Alice!”

Victoria turned to face Alice and deliberately spilled the wine on her. She smiled at Alice.

“This is what you get for trying to get my man. You’re warned, back off!”

Graham approached immediately and looked at Alice with a sorry expression on his face before turning to Victoria, he was really mad.

“What is wrong with you? You left me and now you think you can attack my girl friends? Alice, I’m really sorry, come with me, I’m bringing you home.”

“Your place or mine?”

Alice said it loud enough for a pissed off Victoria to hear. Graham looked at her puzzled. She had no intention of going back to his place obviously. Sure the idea had crossed his mind but she wasn’t that kind of girl. Looking at Victoria’s face was priceless, he now understood. Alice had just won a battle.

Seventh chapter: December 18th---Rude Awakening

Victoria sobers up…

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the details about alices outfit how she had transformed herself into someone that was noticable!!! its good for her character showing shes not always a wall flower. this is soo entertaing i love it!

Erica said...

Hey, I'm beginning to like this!

Caroline said...

Wow, a comment from Erica! I definitely have to recommend your blog. I hope to have even a quarter of your talent someday. Sorry about the typos, I’ve tried my best but some still slip through. I’ll try not posting so soon and giving myself more time to read again and make sure it doesn’t happen. I’m still not getting many comments on where this should be headed. Any ideas? Now is the time! ;)

Anonymous said...

I really like where this story is going. The tables are turning. Sounds like Vicky needs to have herself a scandalous house party that Graham stumbles upon? I dont know, just thinking of ideas.

Also, I know this is picky, and authors are allowed a little narrative license, if you will, but the amount of run-on sentences is getting to me. I'm a grammar nerd at heart, so I don't know if its just me or not.

But keep up the good work! Looking forward to next chapter
xo Lee

Anonymous said...

This is definitely getting better. One comment though, please drop the "playa" thing. Otherwise, your doing a great job, look forward to the next post.

Anonymous said...

Longer posts would be great and a more frequent posting like twice a week instead of just once. Love the details though they always jazz up a storyline.

Anonymous said...

victoria should try to use gary to get to graham. its tricky because gary dislikes victoria because she turned him down but if she tries to pick him up...welll

Anonymous said...

loves it. dont worrry about lack of comments some people like to read without commenting and the longer this story gets the more momentum the more people who will begin to read and comment.

Erica said...

I'm dying for another post! I keep checking this site, it's on my favorites. Thanks for saying all those nice things, anon... you're really sweet. Take things as they come- one post at a time. Typos are easy to correct, but you can't fake a good story line... and your storyline could definitely be going someplace great!

Hope that helped. Take care!

-K

Anonymous said...

werent we supposed to get another post today?

Anonymous said...

no kidding....i know how hard it is to write these things but i am so impatient when it comes to finding out what happens.