Ads

Search the web

Google

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Chapter 8: Cooking Revenge

"Mandy, stop! I think I owe you an apology."

“No Gary, you don’t.”

She kept walking. She had just stepped out of the club and was still shaken after seeing Gary kiss Victoria. She shouldn’t care and she knew but it hurt to see Vicky betray her like this. About a month before, she hooked up with Gary after a double date Vicky had planned. Not hearing from him a few days later, she tried calling him several times. He never returned her calls. Now here he was, kissing Vicky and while she wanted to warn her, she totally blew her off.

“Yes, I do.”

Gary gently grabbed Mandy by the arm forcing her to turn and face him.

“Mandy, I am who I am…Truth is, I have a reputation with the ladies but I’m always honest. I’m not the kind to commit the crime and leave the scene. I’m usually pretty straightforward about my intentions.

I never called you back or returned your phone calls and there are no excuses for that. I’m sorry. We did click but you are friends with Victoria Lane. That is just disturbing to me.”

Mandy started to show signs of impatience.

“I have never been a one woman’s man. I would’ve tried for you, maybe. Instead, I decided I could take this opportunity to get revenge on Vicky through you. It was very insensitive and childish I may add. Tonight, to find myself kissing her…I don’t know what to say…”

“Revenge on Vicky through me??? Why? What did she ever do to you? Hell, she’s done a lot to a lot of people but I don’t think she’d attack Graham’s best friend!”

“Not exactly, back then, she didn’t know Graham, neither did she know me. We were going to university together. You know what? Let’s go for coffee, I’ll tell you all about it.”

Mandy looked at him suspiciously. What if he was only trying to get into her pants again? She decided she should go; after her friend’s stunt tonight, she was mad. So mad, she wanted to know exactly what Vicky did so long ago that she had to end up paying the price for.




“That’s the whole story? The truth and nothing but the truth?”

“Absolutely. And I’m not trying to put a move on you right now. I have to say you’re the only one I told. Graham doesn’t even know.”

“I’m flattered. But I’m afraid to say Vicky hasn’t changed much. She probably doesn’t even remember. You know, I was a little mad at her. After all you told me, it’s gotten worse. I’ll help you get revenge. It’s about time Vicky stops getting her way stepping on everyone she thinks is below her. Including me.”

“Anything in mind?”

“Well she seems to have her mind set on you. Or that’s just to make Graham jealous. Either way, this could work to our advantage. I never cared about being mean. I can always justify myself later. She’ll know what it feels like to be walked on and backstabbed.

First thing when you wake up tomorrow morning, you send her a bouquet of flowers with a nice card. I won’t tell you what to write; I know you can pull that off alone. Get the florist to let you know when they’ll deliver. There’s a phone call you’ll have to make right after they arrive.”


If there was an expert on revenge, it definitely was Mandy. A pissed off woman should never be underestimated.

Ninth chapter: January 2nd --- New Romance

More on:
Alice and Graham?
Mandy and Gary?
Vicky and Gary?

You decide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicky & Gary, I thought he told Graham!