Ads

Search the web

Google

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chapter 17: Trying to Make Amend

“Are you ok, Graham? You seem…disturbed.”

“I’m fine Alice, it’s nothing to worry about.”

“This has anything to do with Victoria? We can leave.”

“It is related to Victoria but also Gary. We don’t have to leave. She won’t find out tonight anyways. I’ll deal with it in time and place.”

“Please, Graham, tell me what’s going on, I don’t want to be left in the dark.”

Alice was wondering if she should be worried. She thought Graham didn’t care for Victoria anymore, but the way he acted was leading her to believe otherwise. Maybe knowing exactly what was going on would put those negative feelings to sleep.


“Hey beautiful. Great party!”

“Gary! Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you.”

“Really? Good to know. Can’t wait to get me alone in a room?”

Victoria laughed.

“No. I wanted to ask you if you’d seen Graham or that girl he was with at Kisses.”

“Oh! That’s it?”

Gary pretended to be hurt. Then he smiled and pointed in the direction Alice was standing. Victoria thanked him before walking to Alice who was alone.


“Hi, Amy, I’m glad to see you here.”

“The name is Alice. Thank you very much.”

Victoria wasn’t too happy with Alice interrupting her and acting like she was so important all of a sudden. She pretended not to notice Alice’s attitude. She had to get back on Graham’s good side.

“Right, Alice, I’m sorry. I wanted to apologize for that regrettable incident at Kisses the other night. I would gladly pay for the dry cleaning if you send me the bill. I hope they were able to remove the stain.”

“Well, Victoria…”

“Oh, just call me Vicky.”

“I’d rather stick to Victoria, we’re not friends. And I don’t think it’s such a good idea to offer paying for my dry cleaning now that you’re out of work. And by the way, Leetson’s is going under and soon. I wouldn’t count on a job there. Have a good evening, Victoria.”

Alice grabbed a glass of red wine on the table next to her and dropped it on Victoria while leaving.

“I’m soooo sorry. I’m so clumsy. It’s a good thing you are home; you can change right away. I’d tell you to send me the dry cleaner’s bill but we can just call it even. Agree?

Victoria saw Graham arriving behind Alice. She flashed a very fake smile and said yes.

“I’d stay and talk to you, Graham but I just had a little accident. We can speak after. Wait for me!”

Victoria winked and left.

“Let’s leave Alice.”

“I thought you’d never ask. You don’t want to speak to Victoria?”

“Ideally, not tonight. I just want to be in your arms for now.”

Seemed like a star was shining just for her. Gary had partly taken care of the Victoria problem but she was still trouble of course. At least Graham wasn’t interested in speaking to her for the moment. Hopefully she would get the message and go away.

4 comments:

Mehreen said...

Liked this one!

Erica said...

Ah! Sweet sweet revenge!

DDgirl said...

Hey,
nice entry!

do posts appear each sunday or something?

Caroline said...

Hey ddgirl,
I try to post at least once a week. I'm trying to get more than one post done each week but it's pretty hard. I should have a new post later today or by friday. Hopefully, there will be one sunday as well. ;)