Ads

Search the web

Google

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Chapter 21: Confrontation

“Graham and I are back together!”

Vicky was at Mandy and Keshia’s apartment breaking the news to the girls. Keshia looked at Vicky in disbelief.

“What? When? I mean, how?”

Victoria stared at Keshia; a triumphant look illuminating her eyes.

“He finally learned why I left him in the first place. I guess it’s a mix of love, regret, deception and guilt. Funny you should ask, Keshy, you of all people should know.”

Mandy shifted her look to Keshia.

“I don’t understand what’s going on…Do you, Keshia?”

“Believe me, Mandy, she does. You ought to be actress, girl. Your goody two shoes act; we bought right into it. If I hadn’t known all along, I probably would’ve doubted it ever happened. Hell, I’d think I was crazy.”

Keshia was nervous; Vicky knew something and was playing with her. She couldn’t risk revealing something Victoria didn’t already know. She had to play the game, whatever it was.

“Vicky, I don’t know what you are talking about. I’m sure Mandy agrees that you are not making much sense right now.”

“Oh, I’m not making much sense? Really…well, Graham didn’t seem to think so. Don’t you even feel the least bit guilty or you’ll keep the innocent act until the end?”

Mandy couldn’t stand it much longer. She didn’t want to wait around and be in the middle while Keshia and Victoria were playing some weird game.

“Enough, Victoria, what in the hell is going on?”

“Well, I’ll tell you Mandy just so you know what kind of two face bitch you’ve been living with all those years.”

Victoria posed to make an impression.

“Keshia has been having an affair with Graham”

Keshia could feel her world tumbling down. It couldn’t be happening. There was no way Vicky could’ve found out. Why was she talking about an affair when it was just a one-night fling? Keshia needed to think but she just felt so lightheaded. Then before she could react, everything went black.

“Where’s Victoria?”

“Keshy, honey, she upset you and you lost consciousness, I figured it was better if she’d leave for now.”

“My diary! That’s it! This is how Vicky found out. The girl calls me a bitch when she can’t even respect my belongings; she’d stop at nothing.”

“Are you saying it’s true you have an affair with Graham? You didn’t even tell me.”

“Mandy…first, this was a one-night thing, a mistake and second, I meant to tell you, I did but…I’m sorry, I have no excuse really.”

Keshia got off the couch where Mandy apparently had her lay on after she passed out and walked to her room. She had to verify something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good story so far! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Mehreen said...

hm, wonder what she thought of!