Ads

Search the web

Google

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Chapter 20: Maybe She's Really The One

“What the hell…did you hit your head or something? Surely you can’t be serious!”

“I can’t kiss all those years goodbye. My relationship with Alice is relatively new and maybe just a rebound. I wanted to marry Vicky for God’s sake. That has to mean something.”

“Yes, that you are nuts. What is making you doubt now? You are almost rid of her. Soon you’ll get your house back and she’ll just be a bad memory.”

“Gary, don’t speak of her like that. Vicky had her reasons for everything she did and I deserved it.”

“You’ve lost me. You are saying she was right to treat you badly? That her calling off the engagement in such a cruel way was well deserved? How could that be?”

Graham took a long pause.

“I cheated…and not with any girl...with Keshia."

"Whoa! Miss "Goody Two Shoes"? Not only was I sure she was a prude but I even thought she was frigid!

"She's neither. But that's besides my point. Victoria says she's known all along. She was hoping I'd come clean but I never did. After the engagement it was harder for her to pretend and that's probably why she played tricks."

"Something doesn't make sense. How did she find out anyways? Keshia told her out of guilt?"

"I don't think Keshia would've told her. Only me and Keshia knew so it is a mystery to me how Vicky found out. I don't want to ask her given that the situation is bad enough."


Gary figured he had to think quickly. If Graham were to get back with Victoria, his plan would backfire. He could see Graham was struggling, he couldn't figure out what was the best thing to do. No matter who he'd choose, someone would end up getting hurt. Vicky had to be hiding something, the timing of her revealing she knew about Graham cheating with Keshia was a little too convinient. He had to find out what she was hiding and quickly. If Graham wanted to get back together with her, fine, but he'd make sure it wouldn't last long.

"Ok, say you get back with Victoria what makes you think she won't act the way she did when she left you. Are you sure she doesn't resent you still?"

"It's a chance I'm willing to take...I owe it to her, to us. After all, it hasn't been a year, barely a couple of months."

"It's your life. Don't say I didn't warn you. Vicky is bad news."

Graham had made his decision. He would've wanted to tell Alice first but he promised Vicky she would be first to know. This situation was very delicate to handle. He hoped Alice would understand.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Hello everyone. I know this last post took forever. I'm officialy back on the once a week schedule. I just badly needed a break. A longer more exciting post is on the way. Hint: Keshia and Vicky...

Mehreen said...

Wow, glad you got the break you needed, I can't believe what Graham just pulled. If I was Alice, I wouldn't understand!

Anonymous said...

It is a really good story line with interesting characters; however, it is a little bit difficult to follow when, where, and who is conversing. A little bit more description would be fantastic.

DDgirl said...

Glad you're back!

Victoria should probably teach at some master on man management! LOL

Caroline said...

Just want to let you know the post will be a little delayed. I'll post around 2 am. I'm not home and don't have access to what I've written so far.

Anonymous said...

How often does this blogger post, it really is a good story.

05/06