Ads

Search the web

Google

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chapter 50: Getting The Truth

"I need to know something...is it true?"

"Sorry, Keshia, I'm not sure I follow you. Is what true?"

"I had a very interesting day, Graham. I went to see Victoria. I just had to. Not for old times sake that friendship is long dead but because I had to know..."

"To know what exactly?"

"Well, Victoria told me something and I have to admit she was always pretty good at judging characters most of the time...especially yours, Graham..."

"You went to see Victoria? I don't believe this...why?"

"This isn't about me, Graham...I had my reasons to see Victoria none that concern you or that you should even worry about. Although now that I've talked to her, there is something that concerns you and it's why I'm here."

"How can you trust anything that she says?"

"I don't, really; but I trust you."


Graham looked at Keshia...he loved her so much and he couldn't do anything about it. He had a certain idea of what she was about to ask but he still hoped she wouldn't. Victoria had threatened to tell Alice...

She had known all along that night he was protecting the woman he truly loved; the one he could never have. He couldn't help but wonder if Victoria had told Alice as well...She didn't come back home after her visit in jail. He stood to lose it all. Friendship, love..but could he lie?

"Ask away...I won't lie to you. But as a warning I would advise you not to ask anything you might not want to have the answer to."

"I need to know, Graham...are you in love with me?"


Keshia said it in a heartbeat. She wasn't sure she wanted the answer but she felt she had to know. No matter what the cost. Graham sighed and hid his face in his hands.


"I am, yes."

Keshia closed her eyes. Although Victoria had told her, it was different to hear it from Graham. There was one more thing she had to know. She tried to keep herself from asking but something came over her and she blurted it out; her mind filled with a number of emotions she couldn't control.

"That night...is it true you were trying to save me?"

"Oh, Keshia...I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt Nathan or anyone else. I just panicked when I saw Victoria with that gun. It was pointed right at you...but I would've saved Alice too or anyone else for that matter..."

"I have to go."


Keshia ran out of Graham's house in tears. Her husband had almost died when Graham tried protecting her. She was confused she couldn't control her emotions anymore. It was too hard to be confronted to the truth when deep down she was only certain of one thing and one thing only. She loved Nathan but Graham a lot more.

Next post: September 28th

Chapter 51: Tumbling Castles...

No guidelines, anything goes...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thanks Amie, although, it's still not an excuse, I should've planned my things better.

I kinda got stuck out of town with only dial-up internet on a little laptop and my iphone that was not in a 3G zone. Either way it was kinda hell to load the page, record changes and all and I wanted to take my time to do it right.

So I'm working on the next post already. It's set to publish on it's own on the 28th so if it looks weird and/or unfinished it might be because it is. But hey, you'll get to see my thought process if that happens!

Enjoy! ;)