Ads

Search the web

Google

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chapter 51: Tumbling Castles

Keshia was walking back and forth in the hospital hallway. Nathan was to be released today. He had massively improved and she was happy; she had still been by his side every day even after Graham told her the truth; but back then she could choose the time. Now that Nathan was coming back home she would no longer have the luxury of getting mentally prepared to see him.

She thought she was an horrible person. Having to be mentally ready to see her husband was horrible, but most of the time it was to keep her mind wandering to Graham. She remembered kissing him at the hospital when Nathan was first admitted. She'd felt guilty but didn't regret it completely.

Nathan had barely stepped in the house that he already wanted a romantic dinner. He ordered his wife to stay comfortable in the living room while he prepared everything. Keshia turned on the television trying to put her mind at ease and forget her inside turmoil.

She was just getting comfortable when the doorbell rang.

"Honey, would you answer that, please?"

"Of course, I want you concentrated on that diner."


She was in shock to see Graham at the door.

"Keshia, that was so unfair of me to tell you I loved you. I can't stop thinking about you; I know you are in love with Nathan...and married."

"This is not the moment, Graham. Nathan is..."

Before she even had a chance to continue, she heard a voice right behind her.


"Nathan is back home...I guess this is what she wanted to say. What is going on in here? Are you having an affair with Graham, Keshia?"

"No, Nathan! I'm definitely not."

"Can you explain to me what I just heard then?"

"Nathan, it's all me...I revealed to Keshia I loved her and I came here to apologize."

"What!?"

"Oh, my God, Alice!"

"Keshia; you're the one who was in his heart all this time...and you couldn't tell me?"

"Alice, it's not what you think. I didn't know until two days ago."

"Two days and you never cared to tell your husband?"

"Nathan..."


Keshia was speechless, Nathan and Alice were hurt and both seemed to blame her. Graham looked at Keshia and Alice.

"I'm sorry...I want to apologize to both of you. Also you, Nathan; Keshia is a wonderful woman. she didn't do anything wrong. Believe me, Nathan. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."


With that last sentence, Graham was gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Graham needs to decide who he really loves. If it's Keisha and she feels the same way then they shouldn't let anyone stand in the way of that. Although I would like to know exactly why Victoria was going to shoot Keisha? If she can't have Graham, then no one will? And, Victoria needs to get off somehow. Maybe the insanity plea. She is the kind of character that you love to hate and you have to have someone like that in the story.