Ads

Search the web

Google

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Chapter 10: A Cold Hard Look

Graham’s mind wandered to the last evening he spent with Alice. They both lay on the freshly cut grass starring at the sky. The full moon lighted perfectly her face and made her hair glow. She was more seductive than ever and Graham had to fight the urge to kiss her.

“You are starring”

“I didn’t realize, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

She smiled. He didn’t recognize that spark in her eyes. Was it ok to kiss her? He was so scared of making a mistake. He couldn’t lose her. She was gaining more importance in his life whenever he’d see her. He wouldn’t say he was in love quite yet. But it sure was close to it.

“I think you want to kiss me.”

“Stop reading my mind.”

“I suggest you read mine instead.”

Her tone was flirtatious. He finally stopped holding back. Graham rolled to his side now facing Alice. He starred at her a few more seconds before she turned to face him. He tenderly caressed her face from her forehead to her chin. He gently moved a lock of hair that had escaped her ponytail and leaned in to kiss her.


Graham kept remembering that moment since it happened three days earlier. For some reason, he felt bad towards Victoria. He’d told her he would wait a year but surely after that stunt she pulled at the club…He didn’t know if he should tell her straight up his offer no longer stood. For all he cared, she could keep the house, the free ride for a year but he definitely wouldn’t be waiting for her.

It was hard for him to even recall why he fell in love with her to start with. Sure, she was beautiful but there had to be more. Yet, nothing came to mind. As if the entire relationship was superficial. Sure, she was a determinate person and he found that very sexy. Still, it wasn’t enough to justify his proposal. It hit him hard. After three years of dating Vicky, he couldn’t find one good reason why he was with her for so long.

“Vicky, whenever you get this message, please call me back. It’s Graham. We need to talk.”

He picked up the phone again.

“Hi Alice, it’s been three days since we’ve seen each other. I can’t get you off my mind. Would you join me for a drink and a nice meal later today?”

“I guess that could be possible…I’d be very happy to.”

“Perfect. I will call you around 5 pm and I’ll pick you up soon after. Can’t wait to see you again.”


Chapter eleventh: January 11th --- Different Point Of View

Mandy exposes her plan to Keshy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS!! the details with graham and alice and great love love love where this is headed. longer posts though please!!!

Anonymous said...

What about the history with gary and mandy? i still want to hear about that

Anonymous said...

only suggestion vary the sentence structure makes it more fun to read.

Caroline said...

My internet connection was down and I didn't have a copy of what I had written so far on my computer. I may publish the next post slighly after midnight. Just need a couple minutes more to finish it! ;)