Ads

Search the web

Google

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Chapter 12: Fishing for information

"Graham, there's a Keshia Harsen asking to see you."

Looking at Alice, he could see she was intringued. She probably recognized Keshia as one of Vicky's friend at the club the other night. It sure seemed weird she would come to see him. Graham tried not to give the impression he was worried and asked Alice to let her in.

"Close the door, please."

"Don't worry, I had every intention to close it Graham, I'm not here to cause you trouble."

" Then why are you here, Keshia? On a mission for Vicky?"

Keshia laughed and approached Graham's desk. She sat on the extreme right corner and turned to look at him.

"No, definitly not. More on a personal mission."

Graham pulled his chair back and walked right next to Keshia who stood up as well.

"What kind of mission? What do you want, Keshia? You're here to threaten me? Try to make my life a living hell?"

"Calm down, Graham, I'm not that kind of girl."

"Really, Keshia? Because I wouldn't put it past you, after all, you are Vicky's friend."

"Well, sometimes I wonder, you know. After what happened between us. How I'm often thinking what an horrible person she is..."

"Keshia, what happened between you and I is in the past. I don't know why you are bringing it up. We were suppose to put it all behind us and never mention it again."

"Easy for you to say, Graham."

"Don't you make me out to be the bad guy. It's not like I raped you or anything, YOU came on to me. And I...I made a mistake."

"I was drunk, you were drunk. I never told Vicky. I'm not about to."

"Good. Then why are you here? I don't have time for games."

Graham hated to be reminded that he hadn't always been faithful with Victoria. Just a minor slip and there he was. He used to think Vicky was lucky to have a friend like Keshia but now he didn't know what to think. She was part of the reason why he stayed with Vicky all this time. The guilt was stronger than he thought.

“Okay, here’s the deal. What are your feelings toward Victoria?”

“Is this a trick question? Why are you asking me that?”

Graham was losing patience. But he could see Keshia was about to lose her temper as well.

“Two years, I didn’t say a word and yet, you still don’t trust me?…”

She looked at him straight in the eyes, ready to burst.

“Maybe I do have an ulterior motive but I promise it has nothing to do with you. It does not really involve you. If anything, I need to know to protect you.”

“Vicky and I are over if it’s what you want to know. I don’t want her back. Not now, not ever. I can’t even seem to remember why I loved her in the first place.”

“Thanks, Graham. That is really all I needed to know. I’ll be out of your hair now.”

“Take care of yourself, Keshy.”


Alice quickly moved away from the door. She didn’t mean to eavesdrop. She never had before. She had an important message to deliver Graham. Just as she was about to enter, she heard Keshia asking about his feelings for Victoria.

He said he didn’t love her anymore. She was happy to hear it even if part of her felt horrible. She shouldn’t have heard, she shouldn’t know. But now that she knew, it was an undeniable advantage.

Chapter 13th: January 21st--

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much better! Keshia should so tell Victoria, just to put her in her place!