Ads

Search the web

Google

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Chapter 13: Getting The Plan In Motion

“Graham I’m your lawyer and your friend. I wouldn’t let you make a mistake so I took the liberty of preparing a document I think you should have Victoria sign. ”

“ What is it exactly?”

“The terms of your agreement. I thought you should have a legal document just in case. That way you won’t get screwed over. ”

“Not a bad idea. Listen, I don’t really feel like getting in contact with Victoria and I did tell her I wouldn’t be in her way. Could you contact her regarding this yourself?”

“Of course. You know you can always count on me.”

“Sure can.”

Gary smiled. Everything was going according to the plan. He was hoping Graham would see that he was doing him a favor. Someday he would have Victoria at his feet and Gary to thank. ”

“How are things going with Alice? ”

“Well…I wanted to take it slow and she seemed to want the same until recently. I wonder what’s behind the sudden change. I’m not complaining but it’s like going from O to 100 in a fraction of second.

“Then no more Victoria?”

“We are over. I mean, she can still keep the house and get anything I’ve promised her but I’m happy with Alice. She is better suited for me. We are officially a couple.”

“Congratulation! This is probably the best thing to have happened to you in a while. Listen, I have to run. I’ll get Victoria to sign those papers and will make sure to send a copy back to you. All the best to you and Alice.”

Gary quickly left Graham’s office. He was meeting Victoria for lunch. He wanted to pick up flowers on his way. He bumped into Alice. She flashed him a nice smile.

“You didn’t stay long. Meeting?”

“Kind of. It’s both business and pleasure. I just wanted to step by and get Graham’s approval on a final document.

“Really? I don’t see why he’d need a legal document right now. Nothing special is going on.”

Gary laughed.

“You sure are thorough but I already knew that. It’s regarding Victoria. I like you, Alice; I want you to take care of my best friend. I’ll take care of Vicky.”

He winked at her and left. He had to get flowers and his act ready before going to that diner.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

The post isn't very long but there will be another one in 2-3 days. I would've made one chapter out of all of it but since I thought it would be better if I made 2 separate chapters. The next one will be longer and you'll finally get to know the plan