Ads

Search the web

Google

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Chapter 14: Staying On Her Good Side

“Vicky! What brings you here?”

Victoria stepped inside the apartment.

“Well, I’ve left a couple of messages on your voicemail and neither Mandy nor you called me back and it’s been a few days. I was worried. I figured I’d stop by and check on you guys.”

“Sorry about that, the week has been pretty hectic.”

“It’s alright, Keshy, I understand, I know Mandy and you are at the end of the semester. Still it wouldn’t have hurt to call; even just to say hi.”

The girls heard a key in the door. Mandy was back. When she saw Victoria, she smiled.

“Oh! Vicky, just the one I wanted to see. Have you been seeing Gary behind my back?”

“Behind your back? You’re not dating him from what I know. Anyways, Mandy, you know I have better taste when it comes to men. You should refine yours. And to answer your question, no I’m not seeing Gary.”

“Really? I saw you two having diner at Rizzo’s two days ago. Anything you want to tell me? I’d love to hear it.”

Victoria flashed Mandy a superior look and laughed.

“All business. Graham put together some documents he wanted me to sign regarding our agreement. Since he promised to give me air, he asked Gary to take care of it.”

Keshia couldn’t take it anymore. Victoria was being awful to Mandy.

“Are you sure Graham asked Gary to get you the papers because of his promise?”

“What do you mean, Keshy? Know something I don’t?”

Vicky paused; she looked at Keshia right in the eyes. She supported Victoria’s glance.

“You don’t know anything…you’ve always been a lousy liar.”

“Not always.”

“Great. I think I get it; I’m persona non grata. Thanks girls. I thought we were friends.

Mandy thought they pushed it too far. Victoria had to believe they were still friends, that they had her best interests to heart or the plan would fail.

“Sorry girl. I think we’re a little bit edgy with the final exams coming up and all. I was out of line to ask you about Gary but I still care about him. Did you sign the documents?”

“I did, of course.”

“Take a look at them?”

“No, I trust Graham. It was probably just a formality. It’s always better to have an agreement on paper. A verbal agreement is not very strong.”

Mandy smiled to herself. Everything was going according to the plan. Sure they used Graham but it was Vicky’s fault that she did not read. That could serve as a lesson when she would lose the house, her job and realize that Graham no longer wanted her.

“For the record, I’m also sorry. I only wanted to help, Mandy. You were not very nice to her. But I guess we deserved it for ignoring you so long. What do you say we go out for drinks? Today is Friday after all.”

It would be so easy to get Vicky to break one or even more of the terms of the agreement she had signed. Especially given the fact that she didn’t read it while Mandy, Keshia and Gary knew every word in the document by heart. Revenge would be so delicious.

Chapter fifteenth: January 27th --- A Little Flattery Gets You Far

Gary tries to get Victoria to look for another job and lure her in bed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice.

Caroline said...

I unfortunatly had quite a busy day and no access to a computer all day. I will try to publish the post in the next hour or later on today! Sorry all! ;)