Ads

Search the web

Google

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Chapter 26: When All Else Fails

"Hey handsome! I figured I'd find you here."

"Vicky! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

“To whom is more like it.”


Victoria sat on the stool right next to Gary and waived the barman.


“I’ll have a gin tonic with a hint of lime. Thanks.”

“Let me guess. That someone is Graham. Hopefully you are looking for some excitement tonight.”


Victoria giggled.


“I’m still taken, Gary. I’m here for company and some information.”

“Company? Whatever happened to the three musketeers?”

“That’s a though subject. Keshia betrayed me by sleeping with Graham. As for Mandy, well, she seems to think I’m trying to keep you away from her.”

“Aren’t you? I wouldn’t mind, you know!”


Gary smiled and blinked. Victoria wasn’t feeling very flirtatious and preferred changing the subject.


“Do you think Graham and I are right for each other?”

“I’m totally bias, Vicky, you can’t ask me that. I want you all to myself.”

“Ok then, a different question. What do you know about his feelings for Alice?”


Gary was seeing a human side to Victoria. Did she genuinely love Graham or was she just trying to size the competition just to win? Knowing Victoria it could be all a game; it didn’t mean she really cared. But the look in her eyes, seemed to say it was true. She was scared of losing Graham and she probably loved him.


“I’m sorry, there is no easy way to say this. Graham cares about Alice deeply. When they started dating, it was as if they were made for each other. He was obsessed with her and she was really into him. He had given up on you, Vicky, that says a lot.”

“Now he’s back. He’s giving us a second chance but I feel like Alice will never be part of the past. Graham is at the hospital right now with her. I’m sure he feels guilty; he probably thinks she had an accident leaving the office. He’s changed, Gary, I don’t recognize him. Could you talk to him?”

“Wow, Vicky, I’m not sure what you want or what you are asking for but I can’t. If someone needs to talk to Graham, it’s you.”

“Thanks anyways. See you around.”


Victoria left the trendy bar and started walking to her car. She was almost hoping to get hit by a car while crossing the street. Maybe that would get Graham to care.

2 comments:

Mehreen said...

Wow, is it possible, Vicky is human?!

Alyssa said...

You push a guy away long enough, and they will eventually leave on their own.
I sorta feel bad for Vicky...Sorta.