Ads

Search the web

Google

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Chapter 27: Truth Is

Hearing the sound of keys, Keshia quickly tried gathering her books, papers, pens and the rest of the mess on the living room table. It seemed pretty clear after just a second she would never be able to avoid Mandy like she did this past week.


“Keshy! For a change, you’re not hiding in your room. Ever since Vicky dropped her bomb, you’ve been avoiding me. Knowing I respect your privacy too much to intrude sure made it easy. I am however certain you know it wasn’t right.”

“To be honest, I wanted to avoid talking to you just now. Guess I was so caught up in my studies I didn’t hear you arrive. It’s just when I heard your keys that I tried to make a run for it.”

“One look on the table gives it away. Can you please explain to me what’s going on? Cough it out sister! I’m pretty angry with you. Maybe an explanation would make me more sympathetic.”

“I don’t have an explanation but I owe you an apology for not trusting you. Vicky didn’t lie; I did sleep with Graham. Once, that’s it. It was a mistake and I still kind of feel bad about it.

I would’ve told you; only I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone and just wanted to leave it all behind me. Vicky read my old diaries and she found out. Probably used her findings to get Graham back.

You know, I chose to avoid you because of the look on your face when you heard. It was as if I had not only betrayed Vicky, but you also. And that; I couldn’t live with. You know I’m not the kind of girl who betrays a friend but that’s definitely enough to make one doubt it.”

“Why? What exactly went through your mind to have you do such a thing? I would be a hypocrite to tell you it’s ok. I barely speak to Vicky anymore because she keeps crossing the line of what’s acceptable and what’s not with Gary. But you went straight for a taboo…”

“I’ve done a lot of thinking lately. I’ll be honest, with you, with myself. When it happened, I thought it was because I had always been a little jealous of Victoria. Everything seemed to be great for her, she was beautiful, had a great career and an amazing man…

Truth is: I did it out of spite. I guess I’m not as goody two shoes as some make me out to be. Victoria had done it to me in the past. Yes, in case you didn’t know, I left David thanks to her. Before him, it was Lloyd, he left me out of guilt and I didn’t know until recently.

I despise Vicky. That girl’s venom poisoned my life for years and I was just happy to poison hers just a little bit. I was too nice though; remorse started kicking in and I decided to put behind me. Only she had to read my diary and get it out.”


Keshia was mad. From her voice, Mandy could feel controlled rage. She had never seen her like this. It was like after all these years, Keshia had finally decided to take a stand.


“I want nothing less than to destroy her. Leave her with nothing. You are right concerning Gary; to Vicky, nothing is sacred. Gary may hate her right now, but she could still get to him. I’ve quickly put together a plan B. If you want in on it, you let me know. By the way, sorry again.”


Keshia was just about to head to her room when Mandy hugged her tight. She started to cry.


“Hey, don’t cry, Keshy. I’ll always be here for you.”

“Same here.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got up to date on this blog...it's a great story!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

*sigh* girls are always so mean to each other. Of course Vicky has pushed karma to the brink, but I don't think Keshia will feel all that much better when she gets her revenge. Very few people can hold onto that short-lived satisfaction. That doesn't mean I don't want to see Vicky get what she deserves though! ;)

Alyssa said...

Wow! Revenge #2~ I can't wait!
~Joi~

Caroline said...

Hey guys,

I did not forget! There will be a new post on tuesday and maybe even another one on thursday. Sorry, busy week! ;)

Anonymous said...

I was just starting to wonder if you were on holidays or something! Looking forward to the next chapter.

Dicia said...

Love the blog! I wish you posted more, but I totally understand, I'm the same way! It's hard. i love the story though.