Ads

Search the web

Google

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Chapter 29: A History Lesson

“Funny you would want to talk to me. I had kind of settled for us hating each other.”

“I guess one more one less on your enemies’ list isn't much. I would however like to be more. For example, maybe the one who knew better, exposed you for what a fraud and hypocrite you are.”

“Ok, Keshy, if you brought me here to insult me and make it harder on both of us, I’m leaving.”

“Come on, Vicky, we’re just getting started. It’s a beautiful day; the park is a public place, no worries. I think we can and should talk about how we feel right now.”

“I suggest you go first then.”

“My pleasure. Let’s see…I’ve already told you I think you’re a fraud and a hypocrite. I know you read my journal. You had no clue anything ever happened between Graham and me. I don’t know why you read my diary. Maybe you were just bored. I don’t know but I’m convinced you used this information to get back together with him."

“Nice little story. Don’t try to make me the bad guy here. YOU slept with MY boyfriend.”


Keshia started laughing as if it were the best joke she heard. Vicky looked at her; she was clueless.


“Vicky, I’m not blind and I’m certainly not an idiot. Remember Nathan? Because I sure do. It was years ago so there’s no point in denying. Nathan and I were good. We were happy.

That was until you came along. I know what was going on between you two. He told me all of it. For some reason, I left him but stayed friends with you. Maybe I wanted a chance for payback.”

“Nathan? You are mad about Nathan?! He was a joke. If anything, I did you a favor. You could have done much better.”

“And you’re the one to decide? We were engaged, had plans for the future…I guess you couldn’t take it. You say I could have done better and yet, you tried to have him leave me for you. I guess you overestimated the power you had over him.”

“Listen Keshia, I’m not on trial here. Two wrongs won’t make a right. It took me a moment to believe what I read in your journal. We were both wrong. Can we make a truce? We don’t really have to be friends but we can be civil to one another.”

“Forgiven but not forgotten?”

“Exactly.”

“Yes, sure, Vicky. It’s a deal.”


They smiled and shaked hands. Deep down, neither of them believed in the truce.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, all I can say is that Keshia better watch her back! You know Vicky isn't going to just let this go.
Keep the entries coming!

Alyssa said...

I wouldn't trust Vicky farther than I could throw her!

Anonymous said...

i really hope Vicky changes. but then again, i am a sap, so i want everyone happy. i want Vicky with Graham, but i want Alice with Graham. hmm... i just dont know.

Anonymous said...

POST! POST! POST!!!

Caroline said...

Hey all! Sorry if I'm late posting. I'll be back with another post on friday, the latest. I'll also try to have a couple more ready for the 2-3 following weeks since I'm starting a busy irregular work schedule. Sorry again, I'm doing my best to keep up. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just got all caught up on this story. I am enthralled and you are a great writer! Keep it up. And tell us what happened to Gary so that we know why he wants to get back at Vicky.

Anonymous said...

I keep checking every day, but I guess I have to keep waiting...

Caroline said...

Hey guys, so sorry about taking sooooo long to write. Writer's block. I've started the next post already, I just can't seem to get around to finishing it. Bare with me, I'll try to post it soon.

Caro